Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

i can't eat in the morning

(7 Posts)
ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Thu 13-Jan-11 09:40:26

not pregnant. but every morning it is the same. today i managed to force down a quarter of a slice of toast. i can drink my tea fine but that's it. it has been like this for a couple of weeks now. i just feel bleugh and can't physically get the food down, and feel sick at just the thought of it. when i do manage it i feel even worse.

any ideas?

thinkimgoingtobesick Thu 13-Jan-11 12:46:17

have you normally been a breakfast person? I tend to feel like you're describing when I'm over-tired, maybe you need some sleep?

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Thu 13-Jan-11 14:37:29

yes i am really tired at the minute, late nights and early mornings. always have breakfast and usually am hungry when i wake.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 13-Jan-11 14:38:29

And you are really sure you're not pregnant?

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Thu 13-Jan-11 14:42:54

last sex at the start of august, period like clockwork since. i expect i would have a bump if i had gotten pg from my last sex too.

thinkimgoingtobesick Fri 14-Jan-11 17:55:31

he he at last comment

I think tiredness plays a massive part, it always messes up my appetite and makes me go off my food. Only since I had DC's though funnily enough- before I used to go the other way.

Try and get a lie in this weekend if you can, or stick a film on for DCs and have a snooze on the couch. If you dont feel better you should speak to your Dr about it, that's what they're there for (even if some of them grumble about it!)

gaiamum Sat 15-Jan-11 19:05:04

I have had a similar problem since having a stomach virus at the beginning of Dec. I'm usually a breakfast person but have been really struggling with morning nausea, and feeling yucky in the mornings. I went to the doc who said it may be gastritis and has prescribed me some motilium, which has really helped. I would advise you to go and see your GP if this isn't getting any better. Hope this helps-its horrid isn't it? Don't know whether in my case the worse I felt, the more I focussed on it, which made it even more of a problem. Good luck abd hope it clears up soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: