Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Do you think your bad has an 'equilibrium' position?

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 12-Jan-11 09:00:00

Before Christmas I was aware I was a bit heavier (meals out/chocolates etc)

Then I went away........goodness me I ate a lot

I came home & I was half a stone heavier......haven't put weight on for nearly 7 yrs

So I decided I'd start walking more & eat carefully but with all the 'stuff' with starting back at work I have said starting next Monday (giving me a full week at work before knuckling down)

I stood on the scales this morning & I am back to my 'steady' weight

Which is odd as I haven't been careful or done any exercise

Does your body have an equilibrium position it reverts too? (or am I just odd grin)

KatyMac Wed 12-Jan-11 10:01:28

Mis-types & in the title too......*body*

BooBooGlass Wed 12-Jan-11 10:02:43

Yes.
Either that or you have faulty scales wink

KatyMac Wed 12-Jan-11 10:04:04

Same scales, same flooring (as I know that makes a difference)

LemonEmmaP Wed 12-Jan-11 10:10:01

Mine used to, pre-DCs. Whatever I ate, I still hovered around the same weight. Post DCs I'm afraid that has all gone, or rather, I have a new equilibrium position but it's two stone higher than the pre-DCs one hmm.

exexpat Wed 12-Jan-11 10:12:06

Yep, though like LemonEmma, mine has shifted up about 20kg a little to a new default post-DCs. Currently trying to get it to shift back to the earlier one....

Pandsbear Wed 12-Jan-11 13:05:01

Yes I agree I have a pretty set weight too. Varies about 2-3 lbs depending on time of the month but that's it.

Elibean Wed 12-Jan-11 13:44:01

Yes, mine certainly does. Although its not quite the same 'position' as it was pre-dc.

That said, I think we revert to 'equilibrium position lifestyles' too - so my 'steady' weight comes back because I go back to eating/walking the same amount!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: