Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pile removal - does it hurt?

(6 Posts)
decaffeinated Wed 12-Jan-11 08:55:39

Hello,

Okay, so I ended up with terrible piles after having my second child, and now I'm going to have them removed.

My options are:

1) Injection
2) Having them tied

Quite honestly, both sound extremely painful but I'm up for it if it stops the ongoing pain!

I was just wondering what to expect, really. I've got two very demanding, active littlies to look after, will I need to call in the cavalry to help out, or did you find it relatively painless (either option)?

Thanks!

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 12-Jan-11 09:02:40

I will be brave and tell you I had mine injected. If I'm honest, I did find it painful. I needed two sessions. Was worth it though, very effective.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 12-Jan-11 09:03:15

wasn't too painful after though, could get home on the train!

zam72 Wed 12-Jan-11 09:27:08

I had mine tied. The Dr said to take paracetamol beforehand as it could be a little painful. hmm The procedure wasn't painful, just uncomfy but by the time I'd driven home 10min it was very painful and for the next 3hours or so it was grit-your-teeth painful. But could be helped with stronger pain relief and sitting on a bag of friozen peas or a hot water bottle. Next day it was uncomfy, then it was fine.

I'm not sure if everyone finds it as bad though. PLus the piles still came back (different ones) - but then I think I'm prone to them (DGM and DM suffer/ed with them).

zam72 Wed 12-Jan-11 09:30:23

Oh, and I would definitely have on hand someone to help with DC - you might not need it. PLus...you might want them looked after while you had the procedure - makes you a bit more at 'ease' whilst having someone fiddling with your bottom if you don't have to referee DC's at the same time! smile

BTW, I would have it done again. Mine haven't reached the too troublesome stage yet.

decaffeinated Wed 12-Jan-11 15:01:39

Thanks so much Have a much better idea now, so I'll get the painkillers at the ready, help with kids, and expect it to be sore but just about bearable. Sounds like it'll be worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now