Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

pulled muscle or hernia?

(7 Posts)
familyfun Tue 11-Jan-11 15:07:11

i gave birth 7 wks ago and for the last week have had a pain just on my bikini line (not that i will be wearing a bikiki anytime soon grin) that hurts whan i walk, lift and is very painful to touch.
i can feel a pea sized lump there and its still there after a week.
i have phoned docs but im waiting for an appointment.
can you get a hernia which isnt directly in your groin?
can a pulled muscle last this long?

KurriKurri Tue 11-Jan-11 15:16:46

You can get a hernia that's not in your groin - I had one on the left side of my abdomen, just above a bikini line scar.

There's several different kinds I think, - did you have a c section? because the one I had was an incisional hernia - caused by my previous op.

A pulled muscle can last a couple of weeks, but I don't think it would cause a lump AFAIK.

familyfun Tue 11-Jan-11 15:25:45

i didnt have a c section, will have to wit and see the doc, will they do anything?

KurriKurri Tue 11-Jan-11 15:31:05

If its a hernia, they'll might suggest you have it repaired - you'll get referred to the hospital hernia clinic, I had mine done a few months ago - it's done by laparoscopy so no big scars or cuts, and I was in and out on the same day. As operations go, it's not too horrible smile

familyfun Tue 11-Jan-11 20:18:00

oh yuk, thanks, hope its nothing.

familyfun Thu 13-Jan-11 14:28:45

no hernia, just swollen glands and an infection, relieved. smile

KurriKurri Thu 13-Jan-11 15:41:18

Oh that's good familyfun smile. Hernias are a nuisance, hope the infection clears up quickly and you're feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: