Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

external pile..is a trip to the docs needed or can I pretend it's not there?

(7 Posts)
bobkate Sun 09-Jan-11 22:06:44

Just that really...I hate anyone mooching about in my nether regions, much like most people I'd imagine. Went to the loo earlier, then my bottom felt quite sore afterwards. Thought I'd best have a look and saw a big grape sized lump. Do I have to go to the doctors? Does anyone know if it'll just magically disappear and I can stick my head in the sand? Anyone with any help, I'd' appreciate it. Thanks in advance smile

fidelma Sun 09-Jan-11 23:15:46

You can push it back inside.(if it is an inside pile)You don't need to go to the Dr if it is not bothering you.The chemist can give you some cream to reduce it and help with any discomfort.Keep your stools soft.Hope this helps

onimolap Sun 09-Jan-11 23:19:56

You can safely ignore it for as long as it's not painful.

You can get creams like Preparation H or Anusol from a pharmacy to soothe the area. Witch hazel is also a traditional soother. Shoving it back up will probably help too.

Chances are it'll vanish by itself. Are you pregnant? Piles are really, really common in pregnancy and usually vanish after delivery.

nightcat Mon 10-Jan-11 10:05:10

had one after my ds was born, dr didn't do anything much, just prescribed a cream (I think it was anusol?), I shoved it back on a number of occasions and it's stayed there after a while, avoid constipation mainly

bobkate Mon 10-Jan-11 11:04:40

Thanks - I think I'll have a go at shoving it back up later on, and get some cream if necessary. I'll see how we go. It is painful to touch but not painful if I leave. Constipation is the bane of my life, and sadly seems like I've passed the bad poo gene onto my two daughters. No chance of pregnancy at all!
Very much appreciate the help smile

madrush Mon 10-Jan-11 11:08:58

Bit of pelvic floor exercising helps too I think. Blood flow to the area maybe?

alypaly Mon 10-Jan-11 23:46:22

i bought some 2% lignocaine for mine as they were very painful and used movicol so i didnt get constipated. good luck. they look like grapes dont they?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: