Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Itchy Armpit

(6 Posts)
Vajazzler Sun 09-Jan-11 20:18:54

For about a fortnight now i have had an extremely itchy left armpit. I thought it may have been a reaction to something but have been using the same can of deodorant for the week prior to it coming on and am halfway through a box of washing powder and it's only affecting one armpit not both.
The itching is very similar to how my fanjo feels when i had thrush. Is it possible to get thrush in your armpit?
I've been using sudocreme so far as it cures most skin things i have encountered so far but this itching is driving me loopy!!
Ideas please oh wise MNetters!

TheBigZing Sun 09-Jan-11 20:29:49

I don't know what caused it but I had the same thing a few months ago. It went away on its own after about 3 weeks I think.

BluddyMoFo Sun 09-Jan-11 20:30:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crispface Sun 09-Jan-11 21:09:42

thrush is quite common in armpits - it is a fungus and lives in warm, dark, damp places, like armpits!

can you see any redness (before you have scratched?) if you have any canesten cream, might be worth slapping some in there to see if it helps.

sparkle1977 Sun 09-Jan-11 21:10:02

I have had something similar and a change of deodorant worked for me.

Vajazzler Sun 09-Jan-11 21:57:43

Crispface yes there is a lot of redness along with the itching i'll have to pick up some canesten in the morning.
Thanks ladies
Oh and MoFo i wish i was coming into money, it would certainly make the itching more bearable!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: