Talk

Advanced search

Montgomery glands on breasts

(9 Posts)
Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 15:27:15

OK, so I know the bumpy things on the areola of the breast are called Montgomery glands or tubercles and you tend to get them when you are pregnant.

My Q is: do they stay forever or do they go? My younger child is 3 and I have noticed I have some very small freckly/mole things on my areolas on both breasts- it looks like the Montgomery glands are going- does that happen? Do I need to get my boobs out for the doctor to take a look? There's no itchiness, soreness, redness etc.

Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 19:36:57

Bouncing to see if anyone can help.

smee Sun 09-Jan-11 20:00:27

I honestly haven't a clue Fayrazzled, but it's incredible sensible to get any changes in your breasts looked at. Highly unlikely it's something sinister - especially as it's the same on both breasts - but I'd still say go and get checked.

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 09-Jan-11 20:48:02

I had mine before I had the children and still got them now (still BF a bit) So I think they are pretty normalsmile

Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 21:06:31

Thanks for answering, smee. I think you're right- I do need to go the doctor, don't I.

Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 21:07:03

Thanks moaning, too.

PacificDogwood Sun 09-Jan-11 21:07:46

They stay forever.

HTH

PacificDogwood Sun 09-Jan-11 21:08:08

They stay forever.

HTH

smee Sun 09-Jan-11 21:32:52

Make an appointment tomorrow - am sure it will be fine, but peace of mind is a pretty useful thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: