Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Montgomery glands on breasts

(9 Posts)
Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 15:27:15

OK, so I know the bumpy things on the areola of the breast are called Montgomery glands or tubercles and you tend to get them when you are pregnant.

My Q is: do they stay forever or do they go? My younger child is 3 and I have noticed I have some very small freckly/mole things on my areolas on both breasts- it looks like the Montgomery glands are going- does that happen? Do I need to get my boobs out for the doctor to take a look? There's no itchiness, soreness, redness etc.

Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 19:36:57

Bouncing to see if anyone can help.

smee Sun 09-Jan-11 20:00:27

I honestly haven't a clue Fayrazzled, but it's incredible sensible to get any changes in your breasts looked at. Highly unlikely it's something sinister - especially as it's the same on both breasts - but I'd still say go and get checked.

moaningminniewhingesagain Sun 09-Jan-11 20:48:02

I had mine before I had the children and still got them now (still BF a bit) So I think they are pretty normalsmile

Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 21:06:31

Thanks for answering, smee. I think you're right- I do need to go the doctor, don't I.

Fayrazzled Sun 09-Jan-11 21:07:03

Thanks moaning, too.

PacificDogwood Sun 09-Jan-11 21:07:46

They stay forever.


PacificDogwood Sun 09-Jan-11 21:08:08

They stay forever.


smee Sun 09-Jan-11 21:32:52

Make an appointment tomorrow - am sure it will be fine, but peace of mind is a pretty useful thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: