Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Struggling to accept weight gain after ED - I found a new benefit!! Getting mojo back :-)

(2 Posts)
takingchances Sun 09-Jan-11 11:19:44

I have read quite a few posts from women who currently have ED's or have suffered in the past, and are struggling to accept weight gain.

I had an ED from when I was 22 to 26 and am now doing much better thanks to therapy and counselling and a very loving DH.

I am still underweight and even though I eat regularly and eat things that I like, I don't often finish a plate of food.

However, over Christmas I relaxed a lot, slept better than I have done in years, went for lots of walks outdoors and ate really well. I put on a few pounds.

A very excellent side effect is that I feel a million times more in the mood for sex than I did before. In the last couple of years I had totally gone off sex, hardly ever wanting to do it and only really doing it for DH's sake, not my own. But over the past two weeks I have felt a stirring grin and bought some nice new underwear that actually looks much better when it is filled out a bit.

DH is naturally delighted but not nearly as much as me. I have always found it difficult to keep weight on and usually dropped the few pounds I put on over Christmas/holidays within days. But now I want to keep them. I want to keep my bum that looks nice in my pretty knickers and I definitely want to keep my mojo thank you very much.

I am posting this because it's a revelation to me. I KNOW it's hard to accept weight gain. I know it's extremely hard to relinquish a bit of control. But it's so great to feel a bit sexy again, it's worth it.

Wishing good health to all of you for 2011 xx

Elibean Sun 09-Jan-11 13:56:12

Well done, you, thats a major achievement smile

Happy new year and here's to a healthy weight and your newly rediscovered mojo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now