Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How do they diagnose a rectocele?

(5 Posts)
littlestmummystop Sat 08-Jan-11 21:58:37

Sorry I realise there is a whole thread for this but am a bit lost on it and really need help.

I had a colonoscopy six months ago to rule out anything sinister as I felt terrible pressure down below and constipation.
it's got better/worse and now is much worse. I can only go to the loo if I use laxatives or enema. I hate it.

I find the whole thing v embarrassing and depressing. I can barely eat. I was supposed to go back to hospital but never got another appointment.

I also struggle knowing a male doctor ( in all likelihood) will have to give me anal exams. I just don't know how to cope. I use fibogel, drink tons of water, do pelvic floors but nothing is helping now. PLease someone give me advice and positive stories.

cupofcoffee Sat 08-Jan-11 23:56:34

A rectocele is where part of the rectum prolapses through the vagina, it can be seen on vaginal examination. Have you been told that you have a rectocele?

Did they find anything on your colonoscopy?

gingeroots Sun 09-Jan-11 09:14:52

Oh you poor thing .
Please go back to the GP and keep asking /explaining until you get some help.

littlestmummystop Sun 09-Jan-11 09:48:11

Nothing showed on colonoscopy. They just told me to go back to hospital but I never got another appointment.

Gynae doctor couldn't find sign of rectocele either but they told me I'm likely to have one. They said next step was a general op looking through my anus! But no appointment has come up and I thought I was coping well with it with just lots of fibre etc., but recently it's got much worse.

How do people cope with this? What can be done to alleviate symptoms? It's ruining my life and making me feel v depressed.

cupofcoffee Sun 09-Jan-11 10:32:23

How long ago were you expecting the appointment? I would consider phoning the hospital to ask what is happening because could be that appointment not been sent due to an admin error.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now