Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thrush

(5 Posts)
supergreenuk Sat 08-Jan-11 14:05:38

Trying for a baby and have thrush. All medication says that you can't take if your trying for a baby. Anyone know if there is point in going to the doctors? Can they prescribe anything?

supergreenuk Sat 08-Jan-11 14:23:59

Just read that teatree oil on a tampon works. Anyone tried this? Prefer the sound of that to yoghurt.

Ohforfoxsake Sat 08-Jan-11 14:29:59

Diet really helps. Cut out sugar, refined carbs, fruit, mushrooms, potatoes (I think) - these feed the candida which is naturally present in our guts and when there's an imbalance Thrush occurs (again, I think) eat plenty of live yogurt. I did a 5 day de-tox on the Harcombe Diet and it worked wonders.

messylittlemonkey Sat 08-Jan-11 16:20:11

I had thrush when pg with DD1. Actually used internal cream in applicator after speaking to pharmacist. Oviously I was careful not to insert it too far. HTH.

supergreenuk Sat 08-Jan-11 16:51:43

Once I got my head round it I decided to go for yoghurt. Doesn't feel right putting dairy round your fanjita but here goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now