Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Double AF - oh the joy! but marginally a worry.

(3 Posts)
DanceInTheDark Thu 06-Jan-11 10:38:27

AF made an appearance xmas week but had been ill and it wasn't normal for me, now i have just come on again ! Is this just because i was ill and didn't have a proper one? or do i need to go to GP if it happens again? I'm not going for this one, it's not unusual to have an abnormal period is it.

crispface Thu 06-Jan-11 20:22:33

how ill were you?

I have had a double AF once, when I was laid up in bed with flu. Despite being on the pill, and in the middle of the packet, AF made an appearance. I was so shocked I made it to the docs to explain, they just told me that sometimes you can be sooo ill that your body has no idea which way is up, and this can include having a period when you shouldn't.

So whilst not particularly helpful, perhaps enough to put your mind at rest?

But if it happens again, I would definitely get it looked at.

DanceInTheDark Fri 07-Jan-11 11:44:53

It seems to have stopped now hmm

100% not pregnant - unless there is to be a new Saviour and I have been Chosen

I have had this flu type bug and although not in bed, i was sofa bound and the slightest thing made me need a sleep!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: