Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

odd flaky spots - cold sores?

(2 Posts)
time4tea Mon 03-Jan-11 21:12:17

I regularly get odd flaky spots near my right nostril, just before my period. normally Blisteze cream gets rid of them - I get ordinary cold sores quite rarely, and apart from the flakiness small size of these nostril ones and the flakiness, they seem like very small cold sores (weepy if fiddled with - sorry TMI)

it is the sort of thing you could show to a pharmacist or GP and they wouldn't have much to suggest - so I thought I'd ask you lot on MN.

thanks for any advice

t4t

whomovedmychocolate Tue 04-Jan-11 20:53:50

Sounds like you could do with some naseptin - which is an antibiotic ointment (which you need to see your GP for) which will clear up strep infections which are causing these spots. Do not scratch them as they will spread.

Bactroban is another alternative. But it's probably entirely unrelated to the cold sores.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: