Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Inverted/depressed ear drim

(7 Posts)
onadietcokebreak Sun 02-Jan-11 12:10:06

Went to GPs Xmas eve.

Said no infection but ear drum depressed/ sunken. Advised me to get nasal spray.

It explains why I have been getting pounding noise in ear- in sync with heart beat. Over the last few days ear has popped. It kills. Now the other ear is doing the same.

I also have muffled hearing from both ears now.

Any solutions? Thanks

onadietcokebreak Sun 02-Jan-11 13:59:41

Anyone? Its so painful.

onadietcokebreak Sun 02-Jan-11 18:29:24

anyone heard of traditional osteopathy or hopi ear candling for this?

Conserve Mon 03-Jan-11 09:59:57

Hi, sorry no advice for you. Just wanted to say I share your pain as my ears are hurting too. Mine is from a current head cold with gluey goo everywhere. Hope you feel better soon or someone comes along to help.

nightcat Mon 03-Jan-11 19:55:25

Had hopi done a few times when struggling with unpopped ear, it's a lovely warming feeling and a friend could do it for you (my mum did mine although I had it done first time by a natural med practitioner, you do both ears in a session, good one first). It helped, although that ear continues to be prone to blockage if I get cold/flu.
Other things that helped are blowing your nose as much as poss, also blowing air into your ears with nose pinched closed, also various neck movements and twiddling with your ears too, oh and some homeopathic stuff (nat mur & silica)

onadietcokebreak Mon 03-Jan-11 20:46:29

Thank you so much. Did you try any kind of medical stuff first before you moved onto the alternative?

nightcat Mon 03-Jan-11 21:26:09

I was on the decongestants for years on and off (the pharmacy told me off as apparently there is some risk, can't remember what risk though).
You can't go wrong with homeopathy or hopi candles, I'd look at these as complementary.
In fact, just remembered that I also had osteopathy by Jan de Vries on that ear too, it was quite painful for a while, but drained over a period of time.
In my case it was that there are lymph glands at the back of the ear and they were blocked/swollen due to long-ongoing ear infection. The osteopath manipulated it to drain. Looking back, I would try osteopathy frist, then homeopathy or hopi (I did it the other way round, but osteopathy had the strongest immediate effect).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: