Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

panicing a tad put my mind at ease please!

(12 Posts)
Darnsarfupnorf Sat 01-Jan-11 16:06:43

hi guys, im a bit of a worrier so its probly nothing but...

im 28 weeks pregnant yesterday with my first, alls gone fine so far *touchwood* and the midwife was happy to let me skip my 28 week apointment as im home at my parents over xmas and new year.

but...the other day after a tummy ache all night i noticed a fair amount of blood in the loo/on the loo roll after number 2ing (ill spare the details :p) and assumed it was the onset of piles and decided to keep an eye on it and mention it to the midwife when i got back
but since then ive needed the loo more and have seen no more blood, had little discomfort and all the symptoms seem to have dissapeared. im feeling a little off and my mum commented on how pale i looked and ive noticed my ankles swelling and baby moving a lot more..

...am i worrying about nothing? im heading home on the 7th and will make an apointment for as soon after that as i can, im also on the lookout for a drop in center before i go back just to be sure.

sorry, didnt realise itd be that long!!

MrsDinky Sat 01-Jan-11 16:31:27

I think you should be checked sooner than that, swollen ankles are a concern, could you phone your parents out of hours GP service or NHS Direct? You are probably fine, but think you do need to get a professional opinion on this.

Hassled Sat 01-Jan-11 16:34:54

MrsDinky is right - the ankles thing is probably just a bit of water retention which is common, yes it's probably piles, and you're probably pale because you're tired and a bit anxious about it all.

But if you sit and brood on this for another week or so you'll work yourself up into a state - go to whatever drop in centre is around your Mum's, or ring her GP and see if you can be seen as a visitor (this is standard practice).

IAmReallyFabNow Sat 01-Jan-11 16:36:03

I think it would be best that both you and baby are checked out.

Darnsarfupnorf Sat 01-Jan-11 16:39:28

thanks guys, im trying to find the gp number now, family are all out atm so i might have to wait til they get back
thanks for the advice anyway ill keep you posted

TheVisitor Sat 01-Jan-11 17:10:12

It's always prudent to get checked out if you're worried. x

Darnsarfupnorf Sat 01-Jan-11 17:48:47

very true visitor

do you think her moving more could mean shes stressed? shes deffinetly not sleeping as much and i know it could just be that im feeling more as shes getting bigger but she seems kinda...agitated and restless

ok that sounds daft lol x

MrsDinky Sat 01-Jan-11 18:16:16

I would try not to read too much into the movement, they have busy and quiet spells, try and get your feet up for a bit to help with the swelling and try not to worry.

Darnsarfupnorf Sat 01-Jan-11 18:19:50

thanks mrsdinky this is why i love mumsnet, theres always people to put my mind at rest x

IAmReallyFabNow Sat 01-Jan-11 20:10:04

I respectful suggest you ignore MrsDinky if you are worried. Any change in movements with the baby - they move more or less than normal - need checking out.

MrsDinky Sat 01-Jan-11 20:25:35

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't get checked out by a professsional, as I said in my first post I think you should, I was just trying to provide a bit of reassurance in the meantime.

Darnsarfupnorf Sat 01-Jan-11 21:12:32

dont worry guys im still gonna get checked out, nice to have the advice and reasurance though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now