Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I need some 'drowsey' cold medicine

(8 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Fri 31-Dec-10 13:37:03

I have this stupid bad cold that has been going on since Christmas eve - I feel like crap - my nose and ears are blocked, I have a sore throat, cough and sinus headache and I basically need a day in bed doing nothing to really get over it but thats not going to happen as dh has been working all week and will do until Monday and I have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old who need supervising constantly.

What can I take the minute he gets home that will knock me out til morning so at least I get some proper rest - all the stuff I've been taking is 'non-drowsey'?

MaureenMLove Fri 31-Dec-10 13:44:31

Night Nurse? That usually knocks me out. After I've had a really hot bath and maybe a small dram! wink

Hope you can get a good nights sleep.

onimolap Fri 31-Dec-10 13:47:23

Another vote here for Night Nurse.

scrappydappydoo Fri 31-Dec-10 13:52:25

Night nurse it is then - can you get it off teh shelf in a supermarket or will I have to go to a pharmacist?

MaureenMLove Fri 31-Dec-10 13:55:55

I'm not entirely sure, tbh! I think you can get it at the supermarket.

HeroShrew Fri 31-Dec-10 13:57:03

think it's over-the-counter only. marvellous stuff. while you're in the chemists, get some inhalation fluid (eucalyptus / menthol) and the moment he gets in steam your head with it for ten mins while the NN is kicking in, then get under the duvet.

hope you feel better for it!

Mum72 Sat 01-Jan-11 00:13:18

I have been on Night Nurse recently! Marvellous stuff.

Nightnurse at night and lemsip by day. Both contain paracetamol mind - so watch your doses in any 24 hour period.

orienteerer Sun 02-Jan-11 19:04:00

Night Nursegrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: