Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

plaster or no plaster?

(2 Posts)
Canella Mon 27-Dec-10 16:55:54

ds2 (4) came home on weds with a blister on the back of his heel - think it might be from his snow boots (where we are its been snowing every day of december so he's had them on a lot) and they are not the most supportive type of shoes but great for the snow.

well anyway - it had popped so i covered it with a plaster while he was out and needing shoes on on thurs but i've left it open to the air whenever he was in the house cause it looked a bit yucky and wet with a plaster on it.

it was healing ok but then somehow first thing this morning he banged it on his bed frame and i think he must have knocked the scab off - there was drops of blood all over the bedroom and the bathroom! so i cleaned it up and have kept a plaster on it since.

but is this the right thing to do - is it better to leave ti to air dry or is there a bigger risk of infection now that its all open?

any nurses out there?

mololoko Mon 27-Dec-10 18:47:28

am not a nurse but this savlon spray stuff is great for blisters ime

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: