Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

MRSA and pregnancy?

(1 Post)
F1rstT1meMummy Fri 24-Dec-10 14:26:28

Hi Girls

Ok - I am going to show my complete naivety and paranoia!

We have a friends friend who is coming over tomorrow evening after they finish work for X mas evening and boxing day breakfast.

The person is a carer for someone who is in hospital, and they have MRSA, and may have to lose their leg because of it.

My question is... am I putting my baby at risk if I pick the person up from the hospital when they finish work and when they come back to ours for the evening?!?!

I currently have a UTI and a cold on its way, so feeling a little immune compromised.

Any advice would be gratefully received - as I feel really awful and horrible at the moment!!

thanks all

Merry Christmas too and wishing all mummies and bumps a happy and healthy 2011!!!

xxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: