Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can you take lemsip cold and flu capsules and nurofen together?

(5 Posts)
SlightlySparkly Fri 24-Dec-10 12:01:38

Feel awful - whole family has had 'real' flu and I just want to get through Christmas. Lemsip tablets are taking the edge off it but still quite hot and have a horrible headache. Does anyone know if you can take nurofen as well - just normal tablets, not nurofen cold and flu? I was thinking yes as nurofen doesn't contain paracetamol but I just googles it and someone on another forum had said no.

Local chemist closed so can't ask pharmacist.

sarah293 Fri 24-Dec-10 12:03:11

Message withdrawn

SilveryMoon Fri 24-Dec-10 12:03:15

I do. I'm pretty sure that lemsip is paracetamol and nurofen isn't so is fine.
I often give paracetamol and ibuprofen to the dc's too.
Just make sure there is at least 4 hour gap between the same meds.
Hope you feel better soon

KatieMiddleton Fri 24-Dec-10 12:04:50

Yes you can take ibuprofen with Lemsip because it's active ingredient is paracetemol. I am. I have real flu and it's miserable.

However, good news if you feel hot - you almost certainly don't have flu so should get better quicker. If you have flu you feel cold as your body heats up to give you a temperature.

Hope you feel better soon

SlightlySparkly Fri 24-Dec-10 12:08:17

Thank you! Off to pop pills now. That's good to hear Kate although I seem to be fluctuating between hot and cold but nowhere near as bad as DH or DCs sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: