Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mild swine flu despite vaccination?

(6 Posts)
FanjoForTheMincePies Fri 24-Dec-10 11:50:15

Have had flu jab this year, but feeling rough, with runny nose, sore sinuses, tickly heavy chest and, unusually for cold, bad diarrhoea. Bit achy and very tired.

Just a bit worried DH will get it, and DD, she had vaccine last January though.

FanjoForTheMincePies Fri 24-Dec-10 11:50:38

I am not bedridden or anyrhing, just tired.

SlightlySparkly Fri 24-Dec-10 11:57:55

Hi Fanjo - sounds like bug in our house. Both DCs had real flu symptoms - high fever, aches and pains and nasty cough. They were birth throwing up and had tummy ache and diarrhoea as well . This went on for 3 days and now they are just v. coldy - runny noses and whatnot. DH got it too but I have escaped with sore throat, aches and cold (so far). GP said it's pandemic and to be honest may or may not be swine flu but as some of the strains of flu are so hideous this year, it's almost neither here nor there IYSWIM

Really hope you can fight it off for tomorrow at least.

FanjoForTheMincePies Fri 24-Dec-10 12:00:17

thanks!

I feel OK really, just washed out and needing a sleep!

Just hoping DD and DH don't get it.

DD has had a flu-like bug already a few weeks ago so hope that was her lot!!

Hope you are all better soon!

SlightlySparkly Fri 24-Dec-10 12:04:56

Dose yourself up with Lemsip cold and flu and pop a few vitamin c caps and maybe a berocca as well.

It's the only way!

I am feeling very 'Keep calm and carry on". If I stop to review the actual amount of snot and vomit in the house I think I will lose the will to live!

Merry Christmas

FanjoForTheMincePies Fri 24-Dec-10 12:06:35

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you too! smile

Any kind of cold and flu tablet makes me feel awful for some reason, am on the paracetamol, will dig out some vitamins too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now