Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Strange finger?

(5 Posts)
ALovelyBunchOfBaubles Thu 23-Dec-10 19:47:13

Hi looking for some advice regarding my index finger.

I have had a lump on the side of my knuckle joint for a couple of weeks now. It is sore to press and very hard and it is making my finger very swollen.

Could this be a chilblain? I have googled and saw loads of images of amputated fingers so now I'm panicky!

<steps away from google and awaits the real opinions>> smile

TIA

AnnoyingOrange Thu 23-Dec-10 19:52:07

could it be a gangalion?

ALovelyBunchOfBaubles Thu 23-Dec-10 19:54:27

I don't think so. I had an old boyfriend that had a ganglion and had it removed and it doesn't really look like that. Should I google again? grin

ALovelyBunchOfBaubles Thu 23-Dec-10 20:14:18

Definitely not a ganglion. If it is a chilblain can it be treated or will it just disappear?

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Thu 23-Dec-10 20:55:58

probably going on too long for a chilblain, they go through a cycle - red and hot and super super itchy then purple and very sore if you knock them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: