Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bladder infection - how long until it goes away?

(4 Posts)
CeliaChristmasFate Thu 23-Dec-10 18:32:52

I've nearly finished a course of Trimethroprim (sp?) but still have vague symptoms of not feeling quite right. I have a dull ache in my bladder, which is how it started. Has anyone any ideas?

Extremelychocolatey Thu 23-Dec-10 19:27:50

You could need more anti-biotics. Or the infection could have irritated your bladder and you just need to give it time to get back to normal. You need another urine test to see if the infection has gone.

purplepeony Thu 23-Dec-10 20:37:56

read this website
www.cobfoundation.org

Trimeth is the standard drug but doesn't alwasy work. go back to dr but meanwhile keep drinking loads- but not booze or strong tea/coffee/juice or anything acidy.

A1980 Fri 24-Dec-10 01:02:50

I had trimethoprim, I didn't work and the infection spread and I ended up in hospital with a kidney infection.

If you notice worsening syptoms, go back to the doctor.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: