Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Roaccutane

(3 Posts)
pastaplease Thu 23-Dec-10 07:35:58

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this, please.

I've been taking it for just over a week and have high hopes! It seems as though my skin's getting worse at the moment, which I believe is common. If you've taken it, how long was it until you saw real improvement, please?

Thank you.

jumpyjack Thu 23-Dec-10 07:58:29

Took it years ago. Twice actually. The first time I was 21, I got results after about 3 weeks and the difference was enormous. But I made the mistake of coming off it too early (maybe after 3 months?). And within 18 months or so my skin was just as bad. The second time was I was 24. The first month was horrendous. But once I got through that the results were great. This time I took it for at least 9 months.
About 15 years later I still get the odd spot, but nothing whatsoever like the really bad acne I had then.
I hope it works well for you. I remember well how hard those first few weeks are.

Samvet Thu 23-Dec-10 14:16:57

I took this about 10 years ago - brilliant! Got v dry lips but after a few weeks saw big difference.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: