Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can someone talk to me about acne during pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
bytheMoonlight Wed 22-Dec-10 12:59:08

During my pregnancy my chin errupted in red patches and spots which spread around the side of my mouth and under the sides of my nose became very red.

I was told by my doctor it was an infection and given antiboitics which did nothing, nor have the various creams I have been given - some have made it worse.

I gave birth 6 weeks ago and went for my post natal appointment today and the same doctor who has been looking at my face for the past 6 months said he thinks it may be acne.

Could it be acne caused by pregnancy? I have never had acne before, will it stay until I have finsihed breasfeeding or is there another way of treating it?

The doctor has given me a prescription for Erythromycin and zinc acetate lotion which he couldn't even tell me if I could use when breastfeeding hmm

bytheMoonlight Wed 22-Dec-10 17:58:39

bumping

Panzee Wed 22-Dec-10 18:01:35

I had acne when I was pregnant, never had it before. It went, can't remember when. Not long after anyway! I didn't take anything for it.

I think I took Erythromycin when I had an abscess and could still feed, but check on the kellymom.com site.

bytheMoonlight Wed 22-Dec-10 18:20:42

Thanks panzee, hopefully it will clear soon. It ooks awful and I'm fed up with people staring at me

Panzee Thu 23-Dec-10 13:05:50

Did you have a boy or a girl?

bytheMoonlight Thu 23-Dec-10 13:32:55

A girl

Panzee Thu 23-Dec-10 16:02:59

Aw congratulations! I asked because I had a boy. I wondered if having lots of boy hormones in my body caused the acne. But that doesn't work if you had a girl!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now