Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Ending Arimidex what happens?

(3 Posts)
Louise2Louise Tue 21-Dec-10 18:01:40

I had a breast tumour removed 5 years ago. I took Tamoxifen for 2 and a half years and Arimidex for the next two and a half years. I had a terrible time on Arimidex but persisted. The side effects were trully terrible. I am due to stop taking the Arimidex. What will the effect on my health, including my weight and my hair be? I had radiotherapy but no chemotherapy...

lalaa Tue 21-Dec-10 21:32:08

Hello L2L. I came off Arimidex in September. The only noticeable differences I have seen is that my hair is not falling out as much as it used to, and I'm as stiff in my joints as I was. Weight has, sadly, remained stubbornly similar to previously...Hope it works out for you.

Louise2Louise Wed 22-Dec-10 12:05:40

Hi Lalaa. Thank you for replying. Did you too gain weight on your cancer medication? It really does refuse to go, doesn't it. My joint pain has already gone, but I am very very breathless. I am hoping that it will ease once I am off the Arimidex. I hope you feel less stiff soon, and that your health stays good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: