Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Pneumonia - I need to sleep, can I take these drugs?

(2 Posts)
crispface Mon 20-Dec-10 20:31:21

I have borderline viral pneumonia. Diagnosed by chest examination, nothing more. I am quite unwell, with severe aches, pains, headache and never ending cough which is dry and leaves me gasping for air after a bout.

I also have the sorest throat in the planet, literally feels like nails are being driven into it every minute.

I haven't slept for 3 nights, I manage 30 minutes asleep (sitting up) then about 3 hours of coughing and discomfort.

I have night nurse - can I use it?

if NOT (and as an alternative) I have Tramodol which I was prescribed after a bad fall earlier in the year - I didn't take it then because I was worried about the side effects, can I take it now? (I still worry, but I feel so ill, that side effects don't mean as much)

thanks.

IwishIcouldmeetSanta Mon 20-Dec-10 20:34:01

AFAIK you can take both, but it might be worth a call to NHS direct to check?

Have you got any Oaldene to gargle or Strepsils extra to suck - they've been helping me through a similar illness.

Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: