Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sinusitis cures

(6 Posts)
changeforthebetter Sun 19-Dec-10 21:33:22

I can feel it coming on again - get it every few colds. Only this is the week before Christmas, I have a ton to do and kids to entertain. I have already been a grumpy cow somewhat short on patience having worked through the cold which has led to this.

Please, what works other than Sudafed-y type things??

southeastastra Sun 19-Dec-10 21:34:05

neti pot or sinus salt water wash thing

CoteDAzur Sun 19-Dec-10 21:35:28

Antibiotics.

Limelight Sun 19-Dec-10 21:53:51

Poor you - hideous! Deffo antibiotics!! Also I have a humidifier on constantly when I get it. And some sort of heat source on my face helps to clear things out.

confuseddoiordonti Sun 19-Dec-10 22:26:19

Hello,
I had to go to the Out of Hours centre yesterday as I had sinusitis starting (and bronchitis after a nasty 10 day's with flu but that's another story) and I think the only answer is indeed anti-biotics. I generally wouldn't take them unless there was no other option, and I think in this case there isn't. Olbas oil just made me cough (have awful cough due to the flu) and Sudafed just kept me awake the times I have taken it before.
Get well soon!

PartridgeinaRustyBearTree Sun 19-Dec-10 22:32:16

Sinutab is much better than Sudafed; it lasts a lot longer. And I inhale Karvol rather than Olbas oil - the plugin Karvol diffuser is really good, I have it on all night when I feel a cold coming on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: