Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

DS had cold for 2 weeks and counting....

(7 Posts)
satnightinagain Sat 18-Dec-10 20:41:47

My DS has got this persistant bad cold. Snot, temperature from time to time, complaining of being tired. Some days OK others not. I'm considering taking him to the docs but not sure. I'm sure others out there with same ....

ChilledChick2 Sun 19-Dec-10 14:56:50

There is a viral thing doing the rounds in my area and my GP has told me that it can take up to 2.5 months to get rid of it.

My LO's have had cold after cold and have passed it on to DH. I have been diagnosed with viral bronchitis and given cough mix as I can't get the phlegm up far enough to get it out.

The best thing you can do for the meantime, is to make sure your DS gets plenty of fluids.

Hope your DS recovers pretty quick.

notapizzaeater Sun 19-Dec-10 14:59:56

I (who never ever gets ill) have had this cold - I am now going into my 8th week (although I feel a little better this week) - tis the worse one I have ever had.

I had bad and good days too.

Not much help sorry - I just drunk loads and tried to keep warm and not do too much.

Hope he feels better soon smile

notapizzaeater Sun 19-Dec-10 15:00:51

The only "good" thing seems to be its not too contaigious as my DH (who always gets everything) and DS (likewise) have both resisted it ......

christmastimemistletoeandwine Sun 19-Dec-10 15:01:09

my dd(3.11) has the exact same im going to take her to the doctors on monday. not sure they can do much but want to put my mind at rest.

orangepoo Sun 19-Dec-10 15:18:47

I would go to docs in case he has a chest infection and antibiotics would help.

christmastimemistletoeandwine Mon 20-Dec-10 14:30:11

i brought dd to the doctor and she has an ear infection and swollen glands.shes been given penicilin.she didnt even complain before about her ears being sore so i was a bit shocked when the doctor said it was an infection.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: