Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I have scared myself silly reading about people dying from swine flu.

(12 Posts)
IAmReallyFabNow Sat 18-Dec-10 19:03:31

I haven't had a flu jab since I had it one one year and was ill. I am meant to have it as I have asthma but I really don't want too. Am I being reckless?

TheFoosa Sat 18-Dec-10 19:09:45

I would have it done

TheFoosa Sat 18-Dec-10 19:11:18

but also don't go reading the stories on the Daily Mail website, it WILL scare you silly

orangepoo Sat 18-Dec-10 19:13:32

Personally, I'd get the jab in your position. My brother has asthma and is recovering from flu (not sure which variant) so don't panic too much, but I think I would get the jab if I was asthmatic. Having just had flu myself, I would get the jab regardless of asthma, it was really horrible and I am not fully better 2 weeks later.

IAmReallyFabNow Sat 18-Dec-10 19:16:02

Oh bugger. I was hoping you would say I don't need to have it done.

saltyseadog Sat 18-Dec-10 19:18:04

I would have it done - without a doubt.

CarGirl Sat 18-Dec-10 19:20:12

If you are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant absolutely 100% get it done.

herbietea Sat 18-Dec-10 19:21:34

Message withdrawn

IAmReallyFabNow Sat 18-Dec-10 19:23:25

No chance of pregnancy.

I have a bit of a cold at the moment but will ring on Monday and ask if I can still have it.

Elibean Sat 18-Dec-10 20:18:44

Its not too late to have it, I had one a week or two ago in local chemist (recovering from shingles, don't want flu).

And yes, sorry, but if I had asthma (dh does) I would definitely have it.

verytellytubby Sat 18-Dec-10 22:01:46

Have it done.

I ummed and arrghed and didn't get my dc done and they have swine flu. DD has a heart condition and is so much more poorly than her brothers.

overmydeadbody Sat 18-Dec-10 22:06:38

I wish I'd had it.

I have swine flu now and it is horrible. I am on the recovery but I haven't been this ill in years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: