Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

have I been sewn up wrong?

(7 Posts)
Kaymer Sat 18-Dec-10 08:39:48

Help! Ten months after giving birth (normal, but with a few stitches), sex is still agony. In fact, to be completely honest, we've only done it twice since the birth - once at six months and once at nine months. But we had to stop pretty sharpish because it was too painful.

Am i just being a woos? will it get better if we just keep trying? Luckily, DH is very patient, and also too tired with getting up in the night to mind all that much!

It's a sort of stretching, ripping type of pain where the stitches were sad

It took around three months after birth for the stitches to stop hurting during the day, too, although the doctor and midwives told me it had healed completely normally.

It's hard not to feel like a big hypochondriac when everything looks normal but feels so bad.....bah.

orangeflutie Sat 18-Dec-10 09:50:11

It does sound like something's not quite right. Ten months on I don't think you should be getting so much pain.

I don't think you're being a hypocondriac at all. Anything that is causing you pain after this amount of time needs investigating. Perhaps make an appointment to see your GP.

I've had four normal births and with two of them I had stitches. Obviously things were sore in the early days, but I don't remember having pain for long.

Hope you can get this sorted.

paddingtonbear1 Sat 18-Dec-10 09:56:44

Hi, no you're not being a wuss! I had stitches too and although it was uncomfortable for a while, it wasn't for too long and I didn't need painkillers even after the birth. Whoever stitched me did a good job. I'd definitely try the doc again. Good luck x

onmyfeet Sat 18-Dec-10 10:43:09

No, you are not being a wuss, go see your doctor.

sandripples Sat 18-Dec-10 18:26:02

I had stitches twice and everything cleared up within a couple of months.Go and see doc.

FillMyXmasSprocking Sun 19-Dec-10 21:48:28

I think you should go to your doctor.

I got sewn up wrong after having dd (7 months) I haven't got any pain but sex is impossible. I went to the doctor and she just took a wee look and reffered me back to the hospital where dd was born. I am just waiting for my appointment to come through.

chickenlickin Sun 19-Dec-10 22:28:51

Ask to be referred to a Gynaecologist at the hospital where you had your baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: