Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this an allergy to citrus fruits or just food intolerance

(3 Posts)
Colourworld Thu 16-Dec-10 10:13:08

Sometimes when I eat citrus fruits I get a few itchy spots on my tummy, sometimes under my knees. It can also happen from eating strawberries but not always. Yesterday, I had four clementines and then I got itch on the sides of my "ribs" and the tummy. Does it sound like an allergy or food intolerance? Can my GP check it?
P.S. Apparently, I have also developed a kind of rough skin on the left side of my tummy with ocasional itch, like after eating citrus fruits but why do I have skin which looks and feels like goosebumps?

ilovemyfestivehens Thu 16-Dec-10 11:13:05

Sounds like a mild allergic reaction. Try taking an antihistamine when this occurs, if it helps, then it's an allergic reaction which has produced a histamine response.

Colourworld Thu 16-Dec-10 13:39:01

Just have eaten two. Will see how it goes. I have read on the internet that it is possible to develop allergy just to one type of citrus fruit or all of them. Next time I try satsumas or oranges. Thanks for suggestion
ilovemyfestivehens, did not think about taking antihistamine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now