Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

carpal tunnel syndrome?

(8 Posts)
TheUnmentioned Wed 15-Dec-10 22:41:48

At the tail end of my (2nd) pregnancy I got pins and needles a lot in my hands, didnt mention it to anyone really as wasnt a big deal.

At my 6 week check I mentioned getting some pain / tingling in my hands but nothing major, doc said maybe CTS.

Anyways, dd is now 12 weeks and GOD my hands are sore, and my wrists. They go into spasm where they just sort of 'lock' with no pain, they tingle and they have shooting pains especially through the knuckles.

Does this sound like CTS? I have a GP appt on Fri.

TheUnmentioned Thu 16-Dec-10 04:26:40

Bump-anyone?

TheUnmentioned Thu 16-Dec-10 07:45:17

<desperate>

RatherBeOnTheMulledWine Thu 16-Dec-10 07:50:43

I had cts during my second pregnancy and it was so painful especially at night. It reduced me to tears and I am normally v hardy. But a friend had it severely and was given these splint things to wear. Mine just went not long after DS was born.

It is good you are going to the GP. They will hopefully be able to say yes or no and help youout. Good luck!

TheUnmentioned Thu 16-Dec-10 08:53:38

thanks! yes it is v v painful, feel like a wimp but it is such a sharp pain!

Casserole Thu 16-Dec-10 09:18:49

Hello - yes, it sounds like CTS.

Try and rest them as much as possible - splint them when you can, overnight etc. You could seek out a good massage therapist - sports massage or similar (I'm one and I've treated several ppl with CTS successfully so am not just talking out of my behind wink ) - some chiropractors treat it, too.

Really you want to try and keep on top of the inflammation as much as possible now - hopefully then you can catch the flare up before it escalates.

HTH.

TheUnmentioned Thu 16-Dec-10 09:35:14

thanks casserole.

GMajor7SwansASwimming Thu 16-Dec-10 10:06:06

I had this too and it's grim - a very unpleasant pain which prohibits you from even lifting a cup of tea some days!

Mine lasted until DD was about 5 months old before it finally abated!

I'm sure it will ease with time, but hopefully your Doc can help you with the discomfort in the meantime.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: