Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how much bleeding is too much?

(7 Posts)
TryLikingClarity Wed 15-Dec-10 14:39:06

I know there are many other Cerazette threads out there, I've done a search, but can't find what I'm looking for.

Basically, the background is: I had DS in Feb 2010, am still breastfeeding him now (he's 10 months old) and have been taking Cerazette as birth control since my 8 week check-up.

I didn't have any period until DS was 9 months old and was very happy about the lack of blood, but also a bit confused about it.

My period did come eventually and now I've been bleeding quite heavily for a month, with no sign of it tailing off.

I'm feeling a bit weak, sore head and tired and I think it's in part to do with all the bleeding.

Am unsure when/if to see my GP.

Any advice??

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Wed 15-Dec-10 14:41:17

A month is far too long. You need to see your GP as soon as you can. It sounds like your hb/iron levels are very low and you are anaemic.

TryLikingClarity Wed 15-Dec-10 16:10:25

I was thinking that re being anaemic.

I've had a cold recently so at first I was putting the feeling tired etc down to that, but now it's just been going on for ages.

I wasn't sure if it was just so long because my last period was May 2009, before I conceived my DC.

Not pleasant at all sad

TryLikingClarity Thu 16-Dec-10 07:44:16

bumping

purplepeony Thu 16-Dec-10 09:02:28

Just go to the dr- no one else can help here- you need to see GP. what you have is not normal- not even remotely.
Sorry sad

TryLikingClarity Thu 16-Dec-10 14:52:19

will ring gp now.

Wasn't sure if the amount of bleeding was to be expected after so long without one.

dragonfly42 Fri 17-Dec-10 11:05:29

I took cerazette for a year about 4 years ago and didnt bleed for months, when I stopped taking it I had the worst period ever and bled very heavy for a while so i think this could be something that happens when u take a pill like this and your periods stop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now