Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

what nasties a re about in northants area

(12 Posts)
pinkkoala Wed 15-Dec-10 08:27:15

anyone know what this bug thing is, horrible cough, coldy, throat thing is and how long it lasts.

also is d & v doing the rounds in northants schools.

pinkkoala Wed 15-Dec-10 10:37:02

MrsLego Wed 15-Dec-10 10:47:19

I'm in Northants, kids are dropping like flies at my dc's school, they have the cold/cough virus and d&v. Their were only 17 out of 30 in my dd1's class on monday. Mine have not had either(yet), but the d&v appears to be short lived and the coldy virus seems to last for ages, dd's best friend has been ill since sat with it.

Hope you avoid it, roll on friday when they finish for Christmas.

ilovemyfestivehens Wed 15-Dec-10 12:20:00

My ExP hmm

Chaotica Wed 15-Dec-10 12:23:20

Loads of kids off at the DCs school last week (like half the class). The high temp, throat virus thingy is really long-running. Don't know about D&V although some of DD's friends had it.

pinkkoala Wed 15-Dec-10 12:28:06

mrs lego-thanks for your reply, that is a lot of kids off in one class.
my dh has this coldy/fluey thing and my dd has said today she doesn't feel well, has sore throat and feels sicky, we are in the nn4 area.
she has a hospital appointment next tues as she has a squint in her eye, i am not sure whether to take her if she is unwell. What do you think.

MrsLego Wed 15-Dec-10 14:54:51

The hospital probably won't want her there is she if ill, especially if she is sick. Tuesday is a long way off in terms of childrens illness, so chances are she will be fine by then anyway.
If she still feels ill on tuesday ring to check before you go. Hope it goes well.

pinkkoala Thu 16-Dec-10 10:34:07

this morning she has temp of 39 and very mopey and feels sicky, is this all part of this coldy/fluey bug thing.

anybody else had this bug thing in the northants area or anywhere else.

Marne Thu 16-Dec-10 11:13:19

Im not in the north but we have had D&V bug (well dd2 and I) and now feeling fluey (high temp, bunged up nose), i wasn't sure if it was all one virus or 2 different virus's?

Dd2 had the vomiting bug for 3 days (high temp and vomiting) and i just had the D for 2 days (but felt really rough).

Dd's school has 2 children off and a couple have had the d&v, i'm taking dd1 out a day early as they don't seem to do much on the last day and we are expecting snow (we live 20 miles from school so don't want to risk dd getting stuck at school).

lucybrad Thu 16-Dec-10 15:04:31

the cold sore throat cough high temp bug is here in south wales too - there are loads of kids with it and it seems to drag on. My dt1 is on day 5 and still has a temp and dt2 is on day 1 of it. Cousins are on day 8 and day 6, and both are ok but still a bit off colour. Other friends mums say its 6-7 days. what a pain.

we had the d and v thing here three weeks ago, both kids and dh had it but it was only 12-24 hrs.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 16-Dec-10 15:09:41

There's definitely something nasty going round the Northants area.

People off at work. School numbers are down. Christmas party numbers are down.

Stock up on loo paper, tissues, paracetomel, disinfectant and hand gel.

Get pissed (alcohol kills germs doesn't it?) and hope it passes you by.

pinkkoala Fri 17-Dec-10 10:17:08

both my dh and dd have this coldy thing, dd has had high temp, would you beleive went into our local tesco extra, sold out of nurofen, so had our little tesco. Have managed to get some in the local chemist today.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: