Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS 7months has a funny foot

(2 Posts)
Jayfer Tue 14-Dec-10 19:50:28

I'm not talking Michael MacIntyre either but an odd foot.

My 7 month old DS's left foot turns almost 90deg outwards and rolls in when he stands up. We've only just noticed as he's only been standing for a little while. It doesn't seem to cause him pain and when he is sat or lay you can't tell there's a problem.
My GP has said that it is odd and there is some deformity but just to watch how it develops. We were concerned that he had hurt himself while in his door bouncer. He was merrily bouncing away and his lower left leg and ankle became very red, hot and a bit swollen. This lasted about half an hour then it settled. DS didn't seem in pain or at all bothered (he was a bit miffed that we took him out of his door bouncer).

Just wondering if anyone had anything similar and what it turned out to be. I'm sure it will correct itself as he develops but I just wanted to double check.
Cheers.

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Wed 15-Dec-10 14:52:36

Take him back to the GP and ask for an orthopedic referal. He could be hypermobile but it's better off being checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now