Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help, I feel bloomin' awful! Is this 'normal'?

(5 Posts)
spandexqueen Mon 13-Dec-10 17:17:58

Hello, please can someone reassure me / say 'there there', I feel awful!

I have no DCs but spent weekend in London with my friend, my godson and his younger DS.

On the Saturday we went to a huge indoor play area which was packed out and very hot!

All was fine until this morning. I woke up with really aching bones, particularly in my legs and have been a bit chesty. No runny nose though, and no runny tummy.

I have been known to over-dramatise medical stuff, so wondered is this just a standard bug going around? The aching in my legs is almost unbearable at times. Also a bit shivery, but not full-on flu type shivery, but has been quite bad over the day.

I did check with my friend, but she says they all seem to be okay. Does anyone know if this type of bug is going around at the moment?

Off to get into a hot bath but will check back later. Please put my mind at rest that I'm just being a wuss! grin

ThankyouSanta Mon 13-Dec-10 17:21:10

My two boys and myself have just about got over an horrible cough/fluey type bug which seems to be going round, lots of coughing, with sneezing, headache, aches and chills. It was really awful so i hope you are not getting this, it lasted a week.

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Mon 13-Dec-10 17:21:21

Yes. I know several people who have had the same symptoms. Paracetamol, plenty of rest and plenty to drink. I hope you recover soon sad

spandexqueen Mon 13-Dec-10 18:10:10

Thanks for your reassurance! Just got out the bath which has made me more shivery so am going to follow the advice and hope I can sleep through it.

Just hope my lovely godson and his sister don't come down with it too sad

Thanks again x

Jajas Mon 13-Dec-10 18:13:36

Yes take some paracetamol to bring your temperature down (have you taken your temperature?). Sounds like a typical bad winter cold poor you, I know loads of people with the same thing - not good for Christmas sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now