Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Measles?

(2 Posts)
neolara Sun 12-Dec-10 19:19:36

My dd (15 months) recently had a high temp for a few days followed by a rash. The doctor suspected it might be measles and took a swab to be sent off for analysis. My dd has not yet had MMR as she is too young.

Having googled measles, my dd had a lot of the other symptoms associated with measles (e.g. cough, diarrhea, temp that was very high, then went away and reappeared with the rash etc).

However, the rash massively faded within 24 hours and virtually disappeared within 48 hours. She has not had a temperature since the day after the rash appeared.

My question is, does anyone know if it is possible to have measles and for the rash to last only a day or so? From googling, it looks like typically it lasts nearly a week.

I know I'll get a definitive answer from the GP at some point, but not sure when. Also, I"m keeping her in quarantine for the recommended number of days, just in case. I guess I'm just wondering.

Mumcah Sun 12-Dec-10 20:36:42

I'm sorry I don't know much about Measles,I hope your DD is ok now though.

In my area (south London)measles is rife so children get the MMR at 12 months and then the booster 3 months later.

Hopefully someone will have answers soon.And that you hear back from the Gp asap.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: