Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PMT - well misery really - what to do?

(4 Posts)
NorthernLurker Fri 10-Dec-10 17:19:33

My PMT has got really bad again last month and this. I just feel utterly miserable, worry that my life is falling apart then look at the calendar and count up then a few days later it passes. It had got a lot better - thinking back that was in the summer - as soon as I'm coming out of work in the dark it's back. What do you reckon would help? I'm not on anything at all atm - no pill as dh took care of the contraceptive issue a few years ago. I am approaching my mid thirties - is it going to get worse?
sad The actual period is fine btw.

topsi Sat 11-Dec-10 20:50:17

I would try some supplements, evening primrose oil, good quality multi vit. You could try some st johns wort, it's supposed to be good for PMT . Have you tried the contraceptive pill?

wrinklyraisin Sat 11-Dec-10 20:53:28

I also recommend Evening Primrose Oil. It's helped balance me, IYSWIM. I also take a 5-htp supplement from the USA which helps. I get very down during PMT and these 2 supplements really help.

grumpygrumps Sat 11-Dec-10 21:10:17

Fish oils helped me but I feel your pain. Roughly a week before my period I feel nervous,judgemental and weepy (I normally have a wail the day before), then when I do eventually start my period I am immediately feel chirpier and from then on the nightmare ends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now