Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

implanon pregnancy? is it possible? hlp!?

(4 Posts)
ANONYMOUS123 Fri 10-Dec-10 00:30:41

hi, I got the implanon put in about a month ago. I had unprotected sex with my bf before I got it. We also had unprotected sex afterwards(a few days after getting it). I started to feel a little strange like I was coming down with a cold or something. Over the course of the month it has progressively gotten worse. I feel sick everday, I get nauseous all throughout the day(usually in the morning and very late at night). I constantly have back pains, i get dizzy occassionally, I am almost always exhausted, i get headaches a lot now( more like a heavy pressure in my head),I eat like Ive never eaten before, and crave things I usually wouldn't, i have to go to the bathroom alot, and my stomach has a slight bump. I have not gained any weight anywhere else. Feeling like this every single day is really keeping me from functioning normally in my daily life. I missed my period,I have been throwing up and i am worried. Like many i was told pregnancy could not happen whilst on implanon. I took a hpt and it came back neg. But, i dont know if it is right or not.Hlp!

Elibean Fri 10-Dec-10 13:31:36

It could be side effects from the implanon?

But you should definitely take another hpt, and maybe ask the GP for a pregnancy test (blood test) to be sure!

Elibean Fri 10-Dec-10 13:32:22

Forgot to say - if you had unprotected sex before you got it, and you were ovulating, then of course you could be pregnant. I'm not sure how long it takes to kick in as protection, either - so unprotected sex straight after might be high risk too.

ANONYMOUS123 Fri 10-Dec-10 15:12:55

okay, thanks. I am going to go see my gp asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now