Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

High blood pressure nit coming down with medication

(3 Posts)
Fernie3 Thu 09-Dec-10 14:13:17

I had my 4th baby 4.5 months ago. I had to start on medication for high blood pressure during the pregnancy. Since she was born my blood pressure hasn't come down and in fact the doctor has increased the dose twice tom try and bring it down but its the same as before imeven started taking it! Today it was 165/105. I have had blood tests which have all come back normal. Now i. A supposed to be having a 24 hour monitor.

Does anyone have any idea of what could cause this? I am on labetalol as i am still breastfeeding.

Fernie3 Thu 09-Dec-10 14:13:29

Not not nit

Elibean Thu 09-Dec-10 16:59:35

Bumping for you.

I had high BP just after the birth of both my dds, and was on labetalol - but it did come down, and was normal again within 6 weeks. I'm not sure what ongoing high BP means/needs but hopefully someone else will come along who does!

24 hour monitors are a bit of a nuisance, but not a big deal physically. Thing is, I found mine quite stressful (felt tense every time it started inflating) which probably skews the results...but its still a useful diagnostic tool. Good idea to do it asap, I'd think.

Good luck, hope it settles soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: