Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hearing....

(4 Posts)
tabiah Tue 07-Dec-10 13:51:38

Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing what i can only describe as a blown speaker effect in my hearing (mainly in my right ear but now slightly in my left) everytime someone is talking to me. It is SOOO annoying. I went to get a hearing test and it came back that my hearing is fine, I have no infections in my ear and everything is in tact so we are all a bit baffled!
I do also get dizzy spells if my head is tilted at a certain angle to the point where i am completely un balanced.

I know its a long shot but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and had a diagnosis? I would love to get this sorted

Thanks
Tabiah.xx

controlgrouprequired Tue 07-Dec-10 14:00:43

Tabiah,

I had something similar when I was 38 weeks pregnant.
But it was not only distortion of sound it was also ringing in the ear. It affected only one ear.

My hearing test showed loss of hearing, but MRI ruled out any nasties. So the conultant ENT assumed and treated me for circulation problem to that ear. Tablets were prescribed and 3 months later all is back to normal.

I suggest seeing an ENT. Gp did not diagnose and initially suggested I had a blocked ear.

tabiah Tue 07-Dec-10 23:04:35

Thanks for putting this up it's really helpfull, I have to ask (lack of knowledge here) What is an ENT?

tabiah Wed 08-Dec-10 16:32:11

Don't worry...I looked it up. Thanks for the advise.

Tabiah.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now