Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cold/flu when preggers..Do I need to see the GP?

(4 Posts)
IhateSunday Tue 07-Dec-10 11:48:15

I'm rough with an upper respitory infection-
Started yesterday with a chesty cough, now throat like knives, hurts to speak, congestion, cough, pressure in head, aches and pains..Deffo a lot worse than a cold, but not quite bed ridden Flu.

Normally I would just go to bed for a couple of days and hope for the best.... Do I need to do anything different because I'm pg? (2nd tri)

TIA

santasbluebaubles Tue 07-Dec-10 12:35:17

No I don't think you do. It's worth seeing the GP if you think you might have a chest infection because you can take antibiotics for it.

Be careful if you're buying over the counter stuff too......you can take paracetamol but that's pretty much it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 07-Dec-10 12:38:03

I've got this too, feel rough as rough and I just want to take Lemsip and go to bed. But I can't do either of those things because I am pg and have a toddler!

Hot lemon and paracetamol are what I'm medicating with, they aren't having much impact.....

Hope you feel better soon!

IhateSunday Wed 08-Dec-10 18:12:58

Thanks for youe replies..

I have been to the GP today, and have got Flu. I'm in bloody agony, it really is the pits.

Been given AB's but my chest is clear. Given them just incase as I'm coughing up green stuff. Going to wait till tomorrow, but she's warned me I could be like this for 7 days!!!!

Really not sure I can cope..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now