Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

quick question please - is conjunctivitis a nursery no-no?

(8 Posts)
specialsmasher Mon 06-Dec-10 17:39:42

I'm guessing it is, but just wanted reassurance. dd is 3 - could that be sticky eye, or is that more a baby thing? Is it the same thing?

Thanks!

ICouldHaveWrittenThis Mon 06-Dec-10 17:40:38

usually, yes. Are you sure it's conjunctivitis though? Might be worth a trip to the pharmacy and see what they think.

SauvignonBlanche Mon 06-Dec-10 17:42:35

It's highly contaigious, a nursery wouldn't let you in.

specialsmasher Mon 06-Dec-10 17:43:05

Thanks - will do. Difficult, as I'm due at work at 8am tomorrow - and she's due at nursery - maybe take her and see what they say...

specialsmasher Mon 06-Dec-10 17:44:00

I guess if it's very gunky in the morning, I'll have to take the day off & visit the docs. Thanks.

dikkertjedap Mon 06-Dec-10 18:50:49

I don't understand why you would even consider taking him if you suspect conjunctivitis ... you put other children and adults at totally unnecessary risk and you are fully aware of it - great for parents to have a kid at a nursery with your child! How selfish!

specialsmasher Mon 06-Dec-10 19:01:03

I didn't know - that's why I asked - what is wrong with you? Other posters managed to be helpful - I'm not usually rude to posters, but you deserve plenty. I asked a question and get your rudeness back. As you can see from my responses, I had decided, based on the kind answers, that the docs was probably a good idea then. Do get lost. And by the way, this is the mild version of what I would like to say to you.

ICouldHaveWrittenThis Mon 06-Dec-10 19:09:32

dikkertjedap, no need to be quite so stroppy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now