Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Nightmare period after first ever coil

(3 Posts)
Questionkid Mon 06-Dec-10 16:06:30

Hi,

I had a coil fitted in August for the first time. I went for the non-hormonal 5 year one, whichever one that is, as I'm overweight so it seemed the best option.

I have PCOS so have irregular periods. My period came for the first time since the fitting in mid-November and basically has carried on, on and off, ever since! At first it seemed like a fairly normal, although heavy period (which I was told to expect) which lasted around 6 days and then finished. But then after about 4 or 5 days it came back and it's been doing that ever since. It's now back for the 3rd time and is not showing any signs of going away.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just what happens with the coil? I'm getting so fed up of having a constant period and it's not doing much for my bedroom relations!!

Help! I don't know whether to go back to the doctor or not.

carocaro Mon 06-Dec-10 16:37:59

I had the mirena in august and I had quite a long heavy first period 8 days or so, but since then hardly a thing, which is an utter joy!

Is it getting less? I would definately go back to the docs for some reassurance.

Questionkid Mon 06-Dec-10 22:10:40

Hmmm, it's not getting any less, if anything this 3rd recurrence is almost as heavy as the first. Think I better put a call in to the docs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: