Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Possible TMI: Low fat diet

(3 Posts)
Kitta Sun 05-Dec-10 16:02:05

As I said possible TMI, I am on a low fat diet because of Gallbladder issues.
Am waiting for a date for surgery.
Anyway am sticking to the low fat diet which isn't too hard, my basic diet was pretty good, it was just the incidentals, the cakes and pastries; takeaways etc.
So other than cutting them out (not a bad thing) my diet hasn't changed too much

Here the TMI bit: since going on to this all I have done is poo!
Seriously, 5-6 times a day.
Previously was a regular once a day-er (unless ill obviously).
But now have severe urgency and gripey pains, which I can deal with, it's the acid poo that I can't.
My bum is raw, and most likely glowing, it feels like I have been on a diet of silly strength Vindaloo.

Other than that I feel fine so I don't think I have a bug or anything (other than sitting walking funny)wink

What I want to know is this normal?
Or should I walk John Wayne style to the GP as and when I can get an appointment?

Ps have posted this in Diet as well, am not trolling just want to sit comfortably. And this has been going on for over 2 1/2 weeks

TotalChaos Sun 05-Dec-10 16:36:04

when I switched to a low fat diet because of cholesterol issues (so not as strict as yours I suspect) I did have dodgy guts the first few months, but not as bad as what you describe... I'ld pop to the GPs just to get it checked out.

TruthSweet Sun 05-Dec-10 21:05:31

Kitta - I had my gallbladder out in June (first fell ill with pancreatitis in April) and I was on at most 10g of fat a day as if I ate any more I had horrid pains. I did lose 3.5 st thoughgrin

When I had the pancreatitis I had bowel movements like you describe, the poo looks like watered down mustard (much like bf baby poo but much more!). Quite uncontrollable too.

Is there any chance you have pancreatitis? Are you in any pain or feel sick/nauseous or like you have heartburn? To be honest I'd get to a walk-in clinic/GP soon. They can do a blood test called an arterial blood gas (take the blood out of your wrist - it is painful but way way less painful than pancreatitis) that could exclude the possibility.

Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: