Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

D+V bug has left me in pain and a bit incontinent

(7 Posts)
Hangingbellyofbabylon Sun 05-Dec-10 09:50:32

I had the d+v bug on Friday night - between 9pm and 4am I vomited 15 times and had diaroeah more than 20 times. sad Today I am in masses of pain all over my middle from the vomiting but worst of all seem to have become fecally incontinent. Earlier I coughed and pooed myself. Still have diaroeah. sad. Also I seem to be bleeding a bit vaginally even though I only had my last period two weeks ago.

I will have to sit on the loo every time I need to cough I guess. confused.

takingchances Sun 05-Dec-10 14:39:53

Hi Hanging you poor thing that sounds absolutely horrendous.
Are you on the pill? D&V would mean you were effectively "missing" days which would incur a breakthrough bleed.

Today is only Sunday so don't panic too much about the incontinence.

If things have not improved with pain and diarrhoea by tomorrow afternoon then I would go and see your GP.

Take care of yourself and rest as much as you can - take rehydration sachets too.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 05-Dec-10 15:03:38

You may well have given yourself piles or an anal fissure (a little tear in the wall of the anus) which could cause the bleeding.

In terms of fecal incontinence, your poor arse has been through the mill, give it a few days before you give it up as broken, it will probably recover.

Keep fluids up, rest a lot, if you can manage a warm bath with some salt in, it'll help your poor bum feel better too.

TotalChaos Sun 05-Dec-10 15:07:55

you poor thing, sounds very nasty. I would at least speak to your GP tomorrow (you might not feel up to going out!), see if they think you should do a sample in case it's anything bacterial/food poisoning. and yesm keep as hydrated as you can.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sun 05-Dec-10 18:11:15

thank you for the replies. I even forgot to name-change to hide my shame which shows how bad I was this morning blush. I have strained all round my ribs from vomiting and still have diaroeah but I think it is part of the bug thing as my dd's had it last week and it's been going round the school.

The bleeding has slowed down but has freaked me a bit as it reminds me of the blood I have had in early pregnancies and miscarriages. I'm not on the pill but we use condoms and for varying other reasons (like 15 month old co-sleeper permanently attached to the boob) it is not likely I could be pregnant but it has given me that really sad feeling when you see blood at the wrong time.

I seem to be very windy but have to rush to the loo every time as I cannot tell if it is wind or poo sad - no more mishaps today but I feel so awful about it and dh is getting shitty with me as i'm sure he thinks I'm faking and I've asked him to do the school run tomorrow morning. Like I would choose to feel this ill and have the indignity of having to run to the loo everytime I need to fart!! angry

purplepeony Sun 05-Dec-10 18:55:18

Hope you get well. I had a terrible tummy bug earlier this year and pooed my pants in bed when asleep. took 5 days for the runs to stop.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Sun 05-Dec-10 21:33:35

thanks purplepeony - you've made me feel better. I had been eating bits and pieces but am now purging to see if it helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: