Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bottom lump

(14 Posts)
Namechangecositsmybum Sat 04-Dec-10 21:32:20

How do I know if the lump on my bum is an external pile or something else?

Namechangecositsmybum Sat 04-Dec-10 21:41:42

It is small, pea size and bruised looking and hurts, athough not when I poo which I thought it might?
I have been a bit constipated recently as well.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 21:44:32

Do you see fresh blood when you poo?

Is it sore?

Are you constipated or pregnant? these things usually point to it being piles.

The only sure fire way of telling is by getting your gp or the practice nurse to examine it.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 21:45:35

Sounds like a pile to me.

You can buy some ointment at the chemists and take some laxative to ease the constipation. Drink plenty of water/fresh juice as well.

SparkleSoiree Sat 04-Dec-10 21:46:01

Sounds like piles - you should be able to pick up something from the chemist for it although it is best to get it checked out by your GP.

starfishmummy Sat 04-Dec-10 21:47:14

Could be a skin tag which is harmless but you do need to get it checked.

Namechangecositsmybum Sat 04-Dec-10 21:49:27

I am not pregnant and I have had no blood. I will go to docs on Monday but just wondered in the mean time. I bought some cream from the chemist for piles yesterday but so far has not done anything to improve the sitution <impatient emoticon>

Namechangecositsmybum Sat 04-Dec-10 21:50:44

Thanks all by the way. I guess first time you need to get it checked by GP instead of self diagnose?

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 21:51:57

It can take a few days for things to ease. Try sitting in a warm bath with some salt added if it becomes too sore.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 21:52:39

See the gp if you're not sure.

Namechangecositsmybum Sat 04-Dec-10 21:55:01

I will go to the GP next week. Out of interest, if it was piles, would the lump dissapear on it's own if I sorted the constipation?

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 21:59:45

yes, they usually disappear once things have settled down, but if they become chronic they're present all the time and can get very sore.

I've had the odd one before when pregnant and they've gone away after a bit of cream on them.

Try not to worry, just avoid the constipation at all costs 'cos that's what will be causing the problem.

Namechangecositsmybum Sat 04-Dec-10 22:00:33

Thanks smile

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 22:13:25

smile hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: