Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low right abdominal pain

(8 Posts)
Nettlerash Sat 04-Dec-10 19:49:19

I was feeling my tummy this morning (not sure why hmm and I came across a tender spot on the lower right had side just above my hip. It has been a bit painful all day on and off.
I might have thought my appendix but the pain doesnt seem to have become so bad as it might with that.(its been about the same all day,worse when I cough or put any pressure on it)
Its quite localised pain in one particular spot.

I also have a bit of a headache but no idea if thats related.

I started Clexane injections 3 days ago for probably 2nd DVT (scan on monday to confirm)

Any ideas please, Obviously a little worried.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 19:55:26

I'd say appendix. Perhaps it's a little inflamed. The pain doesn't have to be severe with that. Is your temperature raised?

Nettlerash Sat 04-Dec-10 20:02:20

I will check it ilovemy. If its just inflamed does that mea it will settle?

BarbaraWindsor Sat 04-Dec-10 20:03:52

You may well have just pulled a muscle.

Appendix pain will usually begin in the navel area, and travel downwards to the right. It will usually be pretty bad.

Does it hurt more when you press it or when you release the pressure?

Nettlerash Sat 04-Dec-10 20:12:03

Thats what I thought Barbara. Cant find the thermometer so not sure what temp is. actually hurts a bit more when pressure is released.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 21:40:59

That's what appendix pain does when pressure is released. Just keep an eye on things, it doesn't mean that you're going to end up with an acute appendicitis even if it is your appendix.

Keep an eye on your temperature and see the doctor on Monday, or sooner if it gets worse. If it's a pulled muscle then it'll ease in time.

ilovemyfestivehens Sat 04-Dec-10 21:49:36

appendix info

Nettlerash Sun 05-Dec-10 10:48:33

Thanks Ilove, It seems a bit better this morning so hopefully it will continue that way. I will keep an eye on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now