Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental Advice - pretty please ?

(6 Posts)
gingeroots Fri 03-Dec-10 10:12:40

I am waiting for a gold inlay to be fitted on 13 Dec .
Have temporary filling - very large in a back molar .
Lost temp filling once already ,replacement yesterday which is chipped already .
New appt for Monday .
Appart from being v.careful - which I promise I am - any advice on how to keep uncovered area clean ,free from nasty germs taking root . Mouthwash ?
Any other advice on how to retain filling gratefully received .

ragged Fri 03-Dec-10 12:14:17

Mouthwash & avoiding chewing on that side altogether is all I can think.

alypaly Sat 04-Dec-10 00:12:26

buy some toofy pegs from the chemist.

Ewe Sat 04-Dec-10 00:26:01

Corsodyl mouthwash is what my dentist advised me to use between my root canal treatments which is similarish process.

gingeroots Sun 05-Dec-10 09:53:54

Thanks guys .
What are toofy pegs?

alypaly Sun 05-Dec-10 16:31:40

toofy pegs is a kit that that mends crowns or has filler that you can create a temporary filling. i take it every where with me as i have a few crowns. it goes on holiday with me because one year i went scuba diving and came up to the top with my front crown in my mouth. I wasnt going to risk going to a greek dentist so ihad no front tooth for 12 days of my 2 week holiday. No smiling for me on the photos that year. i looked like witchypoogrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now