Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Dental Advice - pretty please ?

(6 Posts)
gingeroots Fri 03-Dec-10 10:12:40

I am waiting for a gold inlay to be fitted on 13 Dec .
Have temporary filling - very large in a back molar .
Lost temp filling once already ,replacement yesterday which is chipped already .
New appt for Monday .
Appart from being v.careful - which I promise I am - any advice on how to keep uncovered area clean ,free from nasty germs taking root . Mouthwash ?
Any other advice on how to retain filling gratefully received .

ragged Fri 03-Dec-10 12:14:17

Mouthwash & avoiding chewing on that side altogether is all I can think.

alypaly Sat 04-Dec-10 00:12:26

buy some toofy pegs from the chemist.

Ewe Sat 04-Dec-10 00:26:01

Corsodyl mouthwash is what my dentist advised me to use between my root canal treatments which is similarish process.

gingeroots Sun 05-Dec-10 09:53:54

Thanks guys .
What are toofy pegs?

alypaly Sun 05-Dec-10 16:31:40

toofy pegs is a kit that that mends crowns or has filler that you can create a temporary filling. i take it every where with me as i have a few crowns. it goes on holiday with me because one year i went scuba diving and came up to the top with my front crown in my mouth. I wasnt going to risk going to a greek dentist so ihad no front tooth for 12 days of my 2 week holiday. No smiling for me on the photos that year. i looked like witchypoogrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: