Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can anyone help me ....abdo pain :(

(6 Posts)
MistletoeAndWhineWithMe Thu 02-Dec-10 14:44:22

I'm going to the GP's in the morning.But thought I would ask you lot for some advice too.
For the past fortnight I have had crampy pains in my right side very low down it is twingy and annoying but not that painful.
I had a very bad period over the weekend it was heavy and clotty and lasted longer than usual and te pain seemed to get worse although it could have just been normal period pain.
All this week I have felt rough and wiped out.Last night I started with the twingy pain again and it is there today aswell sort of a draggy twingy pain.
Sorry for TMI but I have noticed I am going to the loo a lot more than usual (about 4 times a day) and the cramps get worse when I need the loo and for a bit after.
Any idea I am starting to panic a bit and I hate feeling so rubbish.

MistletoeAndWhineWithMe Thu 02-Dec-10 15:02:15

/

MistletoeAndWhineWithMe Thu 02-Dec-10 15:52:30

AnyFuleSno Thu 02-Dec-10 16:01:35

no advice but <bump>

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 02-Dec-10 17:17:04

Have you had similar problems before now?.

In any case I would be asking the GP for a referral to a gynae; such problems are outside a GPs general remit.

It does not sound to me like you have had "normal" period pain. Painful periods like described can be due to endometriosis.
Any symptoms that are cyclical in nature and get worse leading up to and or during menstruation could be due to endo and this should be properly checked out. A gynae is the person you need to see here.

MistletoeAndWhineWithMe Thu 02-Dec-10 17:43:27

Thankyou both . I have not really had pain like this before or suffered with painful periods since I was a teen (I am now in 30's).
I think I may have a UTI and it has just coincided with my period.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: