Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Cystitis and bleeding

(7 Posts)
Kayzr Thu 02-Dec-10 08:20:36

I have what I think is cystitis. I've had it before and it feels exactly the same. I've been using those sachets you mix with water from the chemist and it seems to be clearing up. But I've been bleeding too. Only a little bit when I wipe nothing on underwear. I'm on the pill and not due my period until this time next week.

Any ideas what it could be? I'm hoping to see the GP but they cancelled appointments yesterday due to doctors not able to get in through snow.

Thanks

howtoapproach Thu 02-Dec-10 12:08:52

Hello. I've had urine infections or UTIs where there was some bleeding. I think you get bleeding when it's getting worse. You may need antibiotics to clear it up. Would see GP anyway so that she can do a dipstick test. If they get very bad can start to affect kidneys so worth getting checked out I would say (but I'm not a doctor).

Lynli Thu 02-Dec-10 12:19:45

hi, yes agree with howtoapproach, DD had quite a lot of bleeding with severe uti.

ISNT Thu 02-Dec-10 12:20:12

It is common to bleed with cystitis - agree with nowtoapproach that it means the infection is worsening. If it hasn't cleared up completely by tomorrow say, you need to go to doc they will prob give you antibiotics.

ISNT Thu 02-Dec-10 12:20:46

Don't worry though you;re not about to keel over or anything! do see doc though if it doens't get better soon.

Kayzr Fri 03-Dec-10 06:24:16

Thanks. It seems much better last night and I wasn't getting up to use the toilet overnight. No more blood and it doesn't hurt as much now.

Still might try to see GP today if they have any appointments.

starsareshining Fri 03-Dec-10 07:18:26

I had recurrent cystitis from when I was about 17-19. I bled a lot. I'd visit the toilet every few minutes and it looked as though I'd just cut myself above the bowl. It was quite a lot of very dark blood. I was given an emergency appointment when it got to that stage because it was so painful. However, I was given antibiotics about three or four times and it didn't go away. They do a test at the same time that they give you the medicine and every time the test came back negative for whatever they were treating me for (presumably cystitis) but nobody was willing to do anything about it.

It eventually turned into what I believe was a psychological problem and I would actually wet myself the nearer I was to a toilet. And for years after I couldn't tell whether or not I needed a wee because it always felt so strange! It did eventually disappear on its own but it was awful. I'm now secretly worried that just thinking/talking about it will bring it on again!

Do see a doctor if you're bleeding. It's hellish.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: